"On the Rocks" Cliffside Lodge
Whether you want to kick back and relax or go exploring,
there is something for everyone in Door County...
- Gills Rock Maritime Museum - This lovely museum is within five (5) minutes
walking distance of the lodge and is on your right as you turn onto Wisconsin Bay
Road off of Hwy 42. A modest entrance fee is required.
- Park, Children's Playground & Shelter - This beautiful and well equipped
park is adjacent to the above referenced Gills Rock Maritime Museum. The playground
has swings, slides, and a beautiful wood complex that children of all ages will enjoy.
There is also a sand pit. The park itself is grassy and has a volleyball net. The
shelter has large benches and built-in grilles inside of it.
- Washington Island Ferry - Hourly departures and arrivals. There is even
a special "sunset" cruise.
- Washington Island/Rock Island - Virtually unchanged over 150 years.
- Charter Fishing Numerous charters available in Gills Rock.
- Golf Courses - 20 minutes from famous Peninsula State Park course.
- Local Theatre and Festivals
- Ellison Bay/Sister Bay - Shopping and dining for all ages and tastes.
- The Shoreline Restaurant - Great food, good beer, and amiable hosts, Mary
- White Sand Beaches - We prefer the beaches at Peninsula State Park and
Whitefish Dunes State Park.
- Seaquist Orchards / Farm Market - close by family fun.